Friday, June 4, 2010

6 Months

Oh my little sweetie Pete...you are 6 months old going on 6 years old I am afraid.  All I have to say to you is SLOW.DOWN.NOW!!!

We went to your 6 month appointment and Dr. Paruolo said that developmentally you are as advanced if not more so than many 9 month olds he sees.  That made me very proud and very sad at the same time little miss.
Here are some things you are doing at 6 months:

  • You are in a size 3 diaper
  • You wear 6-9 month clothes
  • You weigh 16.5 lbs (50-75th percentile)
  • You are 27 1/4 inches (95th percentile)
  • You are a chatter box.  It was as if overnight you found your voice and you decided you were going to tell the world you have arrived!!!  Here are some of your favorite things to say:
    • Dada da da da da da (needless to say Daddy loves this one)
    • Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah (kind of like you are clearing your throat)...this one cracks me up
    • You also coo and sing song your voice in the sweetest way and I love hearing you do it.  Especially in the morning when you wake up.  You are the sweetest little alarm clock I have ever had.
    • Blowing raspberries...you think this is so funny and love blowing your bubbles
    • You will mimic us when we do any of the above...and I think you are just so smart when you do it :)
  • You are sitting by yourself with no assistance from anyone.  You can sit and play with your toys for a long time and don't get tired.  You are trying very hard to figure out how to get from sitting on to your tummy...you rock forward and lift your buns up off the floor but just can't quite get over your feet!!!
  • You are on the move my little tiny.  You are rocking, and scooting and crawling commando style all over the place.  You are my little marine in training...ha!  You will be crawling in no time and I am not ready for it.  We are going to have to baby proof our new house ASAP b/c you are going to be into everything.
  • You are starting to get very attached to Mommy and Daddy and are getting a little leery of strangers. You don't really fuss or cry yet, but you look a little anxious when we hand you off.  I secretly like that you want to be with me...but I know that you will be great with other people too.
  • You are sleeping great...still up once in the night most nights, but you sleep 8-10 hour stretches which I can't complain about at all.  You have started to fuss a little sometimes when we lay you down and I think it is the separation anxiety and that you just want to hang out with your mom and dad.  Who could blame you right?
We love you and marvel at how amazing you are each and every day.  God gave us the BEST baby He ever created and we feel so lucky that you are ours.

Love you baby girl,
Mommy

No comments: