Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2 Years Old

My Sweet Sweet Say Say - 


I have started this post 3 times now and hope this one makes it to press!  I had almost the entire post written complete with pictures a few weeks back and then in an instant...it was all gone, and I was staring at a blank screen.  I almost cried a little bit ;) So I am trying again to tell you about your incredible 2nd year.



You have grown and changed from my baby into a little girl right before my eyes and though I miss my sweet tiny baby, I am just head over heels in love with the little girl you are becoming.  The biggest change this year has been you talking...and talking...and talking...and then a bit more of the talking.  Lately you will go on these talk-a-thon's for 30 or 40 minutes of just non-stop conversations with your self or your baby dolls and I get the biggest kick out of it.  Here are some of the funny things you have been saying:

  • "Mama you sit by me? You be my fend (friend)?"
  • "What you chewing on in your mouf (mouth)?"
  • "What dat guy/waydee (lady) doin'?"
  • "I talk-a-nana." - this usually gets said when both your Daddy and I have told you no.
  • "Hair down Mama." - you are not a fan of me clipping my hair up and insist I take it down.
  • "Wook at dat Ho-Ho Mama!" - anyone you see with a white beard is a Ho-Ho (Santa). Black, white, brown or yellow...if you have a white beard, you're a Ho-Ho.
  • "Who div me dis Mama?" - you are always very interested in who gave you certain toys.
  • "No Daddy dit you, Mama. Mama dit you." - you always insist on me getting you out of your car seat when we gt home from daycare...your poor Dad.  He is like a desperate boy in Jr. High that just wants the popular girl to give him the time of day...and you just break his heart every time.  You are most definitely a Mama's girl.
  • "Mama, baby Maesyn dot you tired? She kickin' you?" - this is a big theme right now as I am exhausted most of the time and you are always concerned about me. So sweet.
  • "You wanna pay if me (play with me)?
  • "Be fy-et!" - Be quiet...sweet baby Jesus give me strength when you shout this in my face :)  Don't try this at 14 ma'am...but I'll give you a pass while you're still in diapers.
  • "No like dis kind." - Any green food!
  • "Ewwww....dux!" - this is how you let us know you think something is dih-dux-ing (disgusting). Nice.
  • Get yo own piece!
I could go on and on...but those are the ones that come to mind.  You just keep your Dad and I in stitches laughing all the time...even at the naughty things you do and say.  It is so hard to discipline you many times because we cannot stop laughing!




Your Stats:
  • You weigh 27 lbs. (50th percentile)
  • You are 37.5 inches tall (97th percentile) - we still have no idea where you get this from but Nana wants you to play volleyball when you grow up!
  • You wear 2T and 3T clothes and a size 7 0r 8 in your shoes.
  • You still sleep from about 7:30pm - 7:30am and take a 2 hour nap religiously...such a great sleeper you are.  We are praying your sister takes your lead!



What you love:
  • Juice (we still give you half water half juice and you don't complain to much)
  • Anything Mommy or Daddy are eating :)
  • Suckers
  • Spaghetti
  • Anything Disney Princess...you know all of their names.
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Playing with blocks and building towers
  • Playing "house" and being the Mama
  • Snuggling and "rock-rocking" with Mommy
  • French fries
  • M&M's
  • Doing your "work" on your cell phone and computer (hand-me-downs from Mommy)
  • Visits from Nana and Papa
  • Jumping on the bed
  • Reading books

What you Do Not Like:
  • Anything hygiene related (bath, brushing hair/teeth, changing your diaper, putting on lotion etc.) I don't think you like anyone trying to stop you as you are always on the go, go, go!
  • Green foods...not sure when or why this happened but you are having no part of vegetables...won't even touch them
  • Mornings.  You are not little Miss Sunshine in the morning...wonder where you get that? Ha!

You got some big news in July as we found out you were going to be a big sister.  This is how you felt about it when we broke the big news...


But you came around and now you are getting so excited to be a big sister to Baby Maesyn :)


 We have had so many fun times this year and you are just the light of our lives.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings as you grow and change with each passing hour it seems.  You are truly the best thing your Dad and I have ever done and we cherish every day we get to share our lives with you. 


We can't wait to see what year 3 will bring!!!

Love you baby girl,
Your Mama

No comments: