Wednesday, October 5, 2011

16 Weeks and some Saylerisms


I'm 16 weeks!!!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby D is the size of an avacado
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 3 lbs - Still trying to get the weight back that I lost during the 1st trimester while I was so sick.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my normal clothes but have broken out a few pairs of maternity pants.
Gender: Can't wait to find out in 2 weeks!
Movement: Don't feel movement every day.  Some days I will feel the baby several times a day and other days nothing.  I know it will be getting more and more consistent in the next few weeks.
Sleep: Not sleeping well at all.  Maybe 3 hours a night.  Not sure what the deal is but my OB says this is very normal even in this early stage.  May be normal but no fun!!!  Maybe God is just getting me trained for the first 6 months of sleepless nights :)
What I miss: Sleep!
Cravings: Root Beer (random) and cupcakes (I blame my friend Holly for this one as she had the most AMAZING black cherry cupcakes at her baby shower last weekend.  Yummo!).
Symptoms: But for the rubberband I have to use to button my jeans I sometimes forget I am pregnant.  Feeling great!
Best Moment this week: Sayler kissing my belly and telling the baby "I yuv you baby!"


(She's already mastered multi-tasking)


Saylerisms


The real motivation for this blog has always been to record my life's moments so I can go back and read these posts when my kids are grown and in college and won't return my texts except when they need more money and I can reminisce about the days when they really loved me :)

So here are a few things my sweet girl has been saying lately that crack.me.up!!!

  • "NO ATH A-NIGH!!! Juss jammies." (No bath tonight.  Just jammies.)
    • This is the consequence for leaving your very strong willed almost 2 year old with your mother for 5 days unsupervised.  Nana thought it would be a good idea to teach her to say "no bath tonight," when it is bath time.  She is a quick study and now screams it at the top of her lungs from the minute she hears the water turn on until she is zipped up in her jammies.  Thanks Mom for guaranteeing my kid is going to be the stinky kid in class. Hope you can live with yourself :)
  • "Oh my dosh!" (Oh my gosh!)
  • "Mama...hair down!"
    • No translation needed here.  For some reason she is obsessed with me having my hair down at all times.  She is so insistent about it that I am starting to get a complex? Is wearing my hair up not a flattering look for Mama?
  • "Mama...Dada say shhhhhhh to SaySay!!!"
    • This girl is not a fan of being shushed. Who is right? The other night she was wigging out after one of her "No Ath A-Night" episodes and Daddy was trying to get her to calm down while getting her diaper on and lotioned up etc. and he said "Sayler...shush." Well she didn't like it one bit and the minute I walked back into the room she said, "Mama...Dada say shhhhhh to Say Say!!!" She was indignant about it and letting it be known..."DO NOT SHUSH ME PEOPLE!!!"
  • "Dada...no dink Mama dink!!!" (Daddy...don't drink Mama's drink!")
    • She is destined to be a hall monitor or a probation officer I swear.  I poured a drink for myself the other day and I guess she was watching while she pretended to eat her dinner.  I left the room for a minute and Channing took a sip of my drink.  The minute I came back she tattled on her Dad.  I foresee a little girl that all the parents/teachers adore...but that doesn't get invited to a lot of birthday parties if you catch my drift. She gets this from her Dad...just ask his cousins!
  • "He mow!!!"
    • She is obsessed with people mowing.  If she sees anyone doing anything remotely resembling mowing she yells out, "He mow!!!."  She even said this LOUD at the grocery store when an older gentleman was shopping in one of those rascal scooters. 
  • "Say Say Dosh" (Sayler Doss)
    • This is how she says her name...it is the most adorable thing ever.
There are many more things to list but those are just a few that give me the giggles.  She is fully in the "terrible 2's" right now and we are all just white knuckling through the 15-20 fits she is throwing a day.  But it's hard to stay mad at her becasue the girl cracks me up.  I know I will look back on these days with rose colored glasses someday and long for the time when she screamed at me "Mama...NO TOUCH SAY SAY!!!" ;)

    2 comments:

    alicia harrison said...

    Congrats!! Thanks for commenting on the blog, it was nice to hear from you :) !We are not finding out, i said i would never do that but we have always found out and for some reason this time we dont want to. I will see how long it lasts though since we get ultrasounds every two weeks. I am sure i will eventually see something! ha

    Andrea said...

    I can't handle "Say Say Dosh" LOVE IT~