Tuesday, September 6, 2011

12 Weeks

I promised myself I was going to be better about posting pregnancy progression pictures with a second baby. Not for anyone else, but for me and said second baby to look back on when (s)he is feeding me tapioca pudding in "The Home."  I'm going to keep it really real right now and be honest about the reason I was so unenthusiastic about documenting my pregnancy with Sayler...I was fat.  Let me rephrase...I was FAT.  I have struggled with my weight since I was young and when I got pregnant with Sayler I was the heaviest I had been in my adult life.  Don't get me wrong, I was overjoyed to be pregnant and didn't really spend a ton of energy worrying about getting even fatter...but I was most definitely not happy with myself or my body.


So fast forward to September 2011.  I haven't really talked about this with very many people because 1) it's kind of embarrassing to talk about and 2) sometimes when people go on weight loss kicks it is all they can talk about and they fail to realize that no one really cares.  I mean good for you that you are losing weight but I don't really want to hear about how many grams of protein you are getting in on a daily basis, nor do I care about your triglycerides. Don't.Care.  So anyway, to just give a very, very limited amount of attention to this issue I got serious about losing weight around the new year and I have lost 70 lbs. since January 12th. Yay me! So feeling much much better about myself at the outset of this pregnancy...I will be documenting me regaining that 70 lbs. on a regular basis :)  (Please Lord do not let me gain 70 lbs. with this pregnancy.  Jesus take the wheel!!!).


So...now that we have that out of the way here is the first of what will seem like never ending pregnancy posts:


I'm 12 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby D is the size of a plum
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 5 lbs - It's called the "Everything I eat causes me to be sick so I just stopped eating" plan.  I was VERY sick for the first 10 weeks of this pregnancy but feeling much better now...so I know the lbs. will start packing on soon.  I gained all of my weight with Sayler in the last 8 weeks so I know it's coming. Ha!
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my normal clothes.
Gender: Can't wait to find out!
Movement: Started feeling random little twitches at about 10 weeks and definitely feel the baby move once or twice a day.  With a 2nd pregnancy you feel the movement a lot earlier as you recognize the feeling for what it is...not gas, but rather the baby!
Sleep: Sleep soundly for 3 or 4 hours and then toss and turn for the next 4...no change from my normal awful sleeping habits.
What I miss: Pop and the occasional cup of jacked up coffee with lots of cream and Splenda.
Cravings: Pizza and 1/2 and 1/2 iced tea and lemonade from Quik Trip.
Symptoms: I'm starting to feel a lot better. I'm still EXHAUSTED. All I want to do is lay down!
Best Moment this week: Telling my parents and all of our friends and family.


2 comments:

Tina said...

So awesome. By the way, you look amazing!

Megan said...

I'm so happy for you! You look AMAZING! And craving pizza, eh? Maybe this little bean is a boy - "they" (whoever that is) say that craving savory/salty items means boy, and it was for sure true for me! Keep the posts coming!