Monday, July 2, 2012

Maesyn is 3 months old!!!


Your Sister at 3 Months

Maesyn Sidney Doss...  You are 3 months old!!!

Weight:  14.6 lbs. 

Height: Not sure...we will have to wait to get you measured next month at your 4 month appointment.

Eating: 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. You take around 6 oz. in the middle of the night. And I keep waiting for you to give up your nightly "snack" but for now we are still meeting for some girl talk every night around 2:30 or 3:00am :)

Sleeping:  We are getting you prepped for going to daycare but it hasn't been to successful!  You will not sleep for more than 20 minutes unless you are lying on me (the only exception being at night). So I guess we will see how it goes at Ms. Dana's starting next week. One lesson I learned going through this same thing with your sister is that you will act COMPLETELY different at daycare than you do at home. So fingers crossed that you won't be a complete fuss bucket the entire time you are at daycare every day!  

What you like: You love to be talked to face to face. You are always trying to look at everyone and turn your head to follow us when we walk around the room.  You have started cooing and squealing and I cannot get enough of it.  You mimic your Dad and I when we make high pitched noises and it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. You also now recognize your bottle and what it means.  When you see it getting prepared you get so excited and start flapping your arms all around.  Today I fixed a bottle for you and then I sat it down while I walked with you to another room to get something.  Once we got into the other room you lost your mind and started screaming to the high heavens!  It was hilarious.  You were like, "Oh you're gonna tease me like that? Not cool Mama!!!"

What you don't like: Anyone walking away from you when you are lying on your Boppy pillow/Mommy's bed/bouncy seat etc.  You get so mad until I get back in front of you and then you smile from ear to ear.  You also have decided you hate driving in the car (praying to sweet baby Jesus you will out grow this before we take an 8 hour road trip to Little Rock in September). It isn't your car seat that is the problem as I can buckle you in and you are happy as a clam. But the minute I snap that seat into the base you start to fuss, fuss, fuss!!!  Good thing we aren't in the car for very long each day!

Maesyn you are my little "boozers" (not sure how you got that nickname but you did and it has stuck...though Sayler calls you "Beezers") sending you to daycare next week is going to be so tough for your Mama (I'm tearing up and my throat is tightening just typing it out right now). These 16 weeks I have spent falling in love with you have been some of the most precious of my life. I have spent days on end with you lying on me sleeping so sweetly your chubby little face getting all sweaty against my chest and your sweet little baby snores made my heart melt. I just can't begin to tell you how much I am going to miss spending my days snuggling you and smelling your sweet babyness.  You are my sweet little ray of sunshine and I will never forget these sweet days nesting together.  I know the new chapter will be special too...but it is hard closing this one. I love you Mae Mae Doss and am so lucky to be your Mama.

Love you Boozers,
Your Mama

No comments: