Thursday, August 19, 2010

9 Months Old


Nine is fine little Miss!!!  Can you even stand the picture above???  How I live for that toothy grin...it is what I get out of bed for in the morning.  Here is what you have been up to lately:

  • I realized today that you are 39 weeks old.  It struck me that I was pregnant with you for 39 weeks, so that means you have been outside of me as long as you were inside of me.  Wow pregnancy is LONG!!!  We have spent every single day of the last 78 weeks together and what a glorious 78 weeks they have been my tiny.
  • You go to the doctor tomorrow for your 9 month appointment so I will come back and edit this post to give your stats...you also get your 9 month shots :( ETA:  You weigh 19.4 lbs (55%), 30 inches (above 95%) and you head circumference is 18 inches (90%). You didn't have to get any shots this time (yay!) but Mommy was not crazy about the pediatrician you saw.  I think mommy will be writing a post about it shortly ;)  You are perfect in every way and growing and developing right on track.
  • You LOVE the food!!! You have really been transitioning to table food a majority of the time.  You have tried and loved:
    • Green beans
    • Carrots
    • Apples
    • Mandarin Oranges
    • Pineapple
    • Corn
    • Peas
    • Peaches
    • Pears
    • Grilled Cheese (you seriously could not get it in your mouth fast enough)
    • Ice Cream (mommy gave you a few tiny spoonfuls of ice cream the other night and you kept screaming for more...we all scream for ice cream right???)
  • You are still taking 3 - 4 sometimes 5 bottles a day...and I love that time we get to snuggle together.  I know you will wean yourself in the next few months or so...but you can take as long as you want :)
  • You are still in a size 3 diaper
  • You wear 9-12 month clothes.
  • You are way into your Daddy right now.  You guys are 2 peas in a pod.  He loves to play wild and crazy with you playing the "flip game", chasing you all around while you crawl like a mad woman, and bribing you for kisses.  Daddy will put one of your puffs in his mouth and give it you you like you two are birds or something...and then he says you gave him a kiss.  Daddy is always waiting to wrap you up in a towel after Mommy lifts you out of the bath and you give him the BIGGEST smile when you see him.  The other night Mommy was getting ready to lift you out of the tub and Daddy hadn't quite made it into the bathroom with the bath towel and you, in anticipation of him being there, started smiling so big...and then when he wasn't there you looked at me like, "Hey?  Where's Daddy???"  And started looking all over for him until he got there.  When he leaves a room you crawl right out the door after him...a think we have a true Daddy's girl in the making and there is a certain Daddy that does not mind it at all!!!
  • You sleep through the night every night 12-13 hours straight.  You have given up your morning and late afternoon naps for the most part, but on the weekends when you are at home you sleep more than during the week when you are at Ms. Dana's.  I think it is because when you are at Ms. Dana's house you are entertained by all of the kids...and when you are home with Mom and Dad we are a little boring in comparison. Ha!!  We are so happy that all of your hard work learning to sleep through the night paid off.  You are a great sleeper.  We took you to our friend Marty and Emily's the other night for dinner and they just set up a pack and play in their guest room and we put your noisy on and you went down without a peep.  We are so proud of how well you sleep.
  • You are a chatter box.  You are always babbling and I love to hear you talk.  I repeat everything you say right back to you and I think you like having out first Mommy/daughter conversations.
  • You know how to wave when you hear someone say "bye-bye" and you clap when you hear someone say "Yayyyyyy."  Daddy and I do it like 20 times a day and we just think you are so smart!!!  We can't wait to see all of the new things you will learn this month.
  • You are on the move every minute of the day.  You will sit and snuggle with me for a few minutes, or if I have a bottle for you, but other than that you are to busy to sit still with your mama.  You are cruising around all of the furniture and are getting very close to standing on your own.  I know it won't be too long before you are taking your (gulp) first steps!!!  So exciting!!!
  • You are starting to smile all of the time and when you get excited you do this little breathy squeal and I live for it!!!  When I go to pick you up at daycare and you see me you make a b-line right over to me and when I pick you up you make that little squealing noise and it is just the best thing I have ever heard.  I think it is your little way of laughing...and it is precious.
You are just growing and changing every single day and we love seeing all of the new things you do...sometimes we just wish we could push the pause button for a little while.  You are the best thing I have ever done my love and my heart is so full of love for you.  I love you tiny...and I can't wait to see all of the exciting things month 10 brings!!!

Love,
Mama

No comments: