Monday, August 23, 2010

My future's so bright....

So some time ago I learned of a Chinese tradition where on a child's first birthday the parents of the baby place several items in a basket or out on a blanket and allow the baby to chose an item.  The item the child choses first is supposed to signify the career path they will follow (i.e. a stethoscope for medicine,  expensive pen for business, bells/chimes for music, etc.).  So while I realize that Sayler has not yet reached her 1st birthday, I am a bit concerned that nothing brought her more joy (she was literally squealing with delight) than playing with this yesterday afternoon...
Wait...what???

Is that a.....????

Yes, yes it is....

A pair of thong underwear. (see the squealing and unabashed delight?)

She refused to put them down.

Her Dad is thrilled.

Please pray for us as a family as we navigate past this unexpected development milestone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....she could pay for college! and your retirement too! Trust me, The Stock Market isn't doing us any favors! :) LOL! Steph J.

Sarah said...

hahaha! That's hilarious! My girls love finding my underwear in the clothes basket and putting them on their heads. Good times :)

Anonymous said...

Miles likes to pull my underwear out of the laundry (clean, of course, well... I hope.) And he will "wear" them around his neck. Inspiration to get back in the gym since they look like Granny panties. Des and Tiff wouldn't be proud since they had an intervention with me about my underwear in law school. Oh well!
LDOLD