Thursday, July 22, 2010

8 is Great!!! 8 months old...



Gulp...did I just type "8" months old???  Sayler Jaye Doss!!!  How does this keep happening? Needless to say these little monthly photo ops are getting a bit  trickier...you are a wiggle worm and won't stay put for one second so Daddy and I just make the best of it. I just love you to the moon and you make me smile so much my cheeks are in an eternal state of soreness from all of the happy!!! Here is what you have been up to:


  • You're still in a size three diaper...will probably be in a 3 for a while as it goes up to like 28 lbs.  Thank goodness as Mommy bought like 33,000 size 3 diapers form Amazon.com!
  • You have been experimenting with table food a little bit.  Mommy has given you toast and mandarin oranges and you have loved them.  You have also been eating cheerios like it is your job.  I give them to you on the little tray on your walker and you tool around the house eating your cheerios...and dropping half of them along the way.  We always know where you have been as there is a trail of cheerios behind you.
  • You finally said mama about a week ago...and the crowd goes wild!!!  I know you have no idea what you are saying but I don't care one bit...I just melt every time I hear it.
  • You are starting to get a little bit attached to your mama and fuss a bit sometimes when I hand you off to someone else or set you down.
  • You are really trying to get up on 2 feet and stay there.  You are pulling to stand with no problem and you want to cruise so badly but you can't seem to figure out how to hold on and make your feet move at the same time.  But you will figure it out in no time I'm sure.  The other day you climbed up nearly 3 stairs before I made Daddy pull you down and tell you no.  He was amazed that you were doing it and I was ready for you to stop!!!
  • Sleep training has taken longer than we had hoped...we are on day 10 right now and just got done listening to you cry for about 40 minutes.  Mommy sat at the dinner table and cried too...it is so hard for me to hear you cry.  I just wanted to run into your room grab you up and snuggle you all night long. But I know that is not what is best for you...so we are sticking with it.  You have slept entirely through the night probably 6 nights out of the 10 we have been doing sleep training.  And that is so awesome.  I wake up no less that 3 times in the night to go check on you and make sure you are still breathing.  I asked Aunt Shelly if that fear ever goes away and she told me...no.  So I guess I better get used to it because she says I will be doing it until you go away to college...lucky you!!!  I'm not sure how long it will take to get to a no tears bedtime consistently, but we are going to keep at it.  You're such a trooper and I know you will get the hang of it soon my sweetie peetie.
You my love, are my sunshine and I just can't tell you how much better you make our lives.  We are so lucky to be your Mommy and Daddy baby girl.  Love you all the way up to the moon...and back!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: